UNC Kenan-Flagler’s PhD Program in Business Administration is designed for individuals who plan careers in research and teaching. The Program provides an exceptional student experience, combining both professional and personal growth. A limited number of students are admitted each year, resulting in a high-quality learning environment that emphasizes rigor and individual attention.
- Intensive study of problems in establishing marketing goals, consumer demand, product selection and identification, pricing policies and decisions.
- Intensive study of problems in design of distribution channels, marketing logistics, promotional decisions and evaluations, sales forecasting and analysis.
Issues in the Design and Analysis of Research in Marketing
- A review of major issues in marketing research, including philosophy of science, measurement, and experimental and quasi-experimental design.
Seminar in Marketing Research Methodology
- Study of research design, methods of data collection and analysis, sample design and problems of measurement in research in marketing.
Economic Foundations in Marketing
- This course provides an intuitive understanding of the principles of economic theory, as applied in the marketing literature, a rigorous foundation for applying economic theory to research questions, and provides a rigorous theoretical foundation for econometric analysis.
Advanced Psychometric Measurement and Data Analysis in Marketing
- This course focuses on the use of psychometric theory and techniques for the measurement and analysis of marketing data, addressing substantive marketing problems, rather than on mathematical proofs.
Current PhD Students
- Zhiling Bei
- Tojin Eapen
- Soumya Gayatri
- Michael Harrison
- Guneet Kaur
- Hyeong-Tak Lee
Start Date: 2011
- Koushyar Rajavi
Start Date: 2013
- Khimendra Singh
- Evgeniya Victorova